Documents & Filing Forms
|January 14, 2020|
Commission Actions on eForm Filing
January 17, 2019 - Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms (RM19-12-000)
June 20, 2019 - FERC Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms Order No. 859 (RM19-12-000)
April 25, 2015 - Electronic Filing Protocols for Commission Forms (AD15-11-000)
The Commission intends to replace its current electronic filing format for Form Nos. 1, 1-F, 2, 2-A, 3-Q electric, 3-Q natural gas, 6, 6-Q, 60, and 714 with a type of Extensible Markup Language (XML) called eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL). The use of XBRL should make the information in these forms easier for filers and data users to analyze and assist in automating regulatory filings and business information processing. In addition, the Commission believes that transitioning to XBRL will decrease the costs, over time, of preparing the necessary data for submission and complying with future changes to filing requirements set forth by the Commission. All information concerning this process will be posted in this page.
The following Forms are affected by this:
- Form No. 1: Annual Report of Major Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Others;
- Form No. 1-F: Annual Report of Non-major Public Utilities and Licensees;
- Form No. 3-Q: Quarterly Financial Report of Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Natural Gas Companies; and
- Form No. 714: Annual Electric Balancing Authority Area and Planning Area Report.
- Form No. 2: Annual Report for Major Natural Gas Companies;
- Form No. 2A: Annual Report for Non-major Natural Gas Companies; and
- Form No. 3-Q: Quarterly Financial Report of Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Natural Gas Companies.
- Form No. 6: Annual Report of Oil Pipeline Companies; and
- Form No. 6-Q: Quarterly Report of Oil Pipeline Companies.
- Form No. 60: Annual Report of Centralized Service Companies.
User Testing for Draft Filing Documents (updated December 16, 2019)