May 6, 2022
The Commission has completed the following updates to the eForms portal at eCollection.FERC.gov:
- Migrated data has been added to the Public Submission History and is designated and searchable in the Status column marked as “Migrated 🚩.” The migrated data results from converting the data in historical Form filings originally submitted in Visual FoxPro (VFP), starting in 2011, to XBRL by applying the first XBRL taxonomy, version 2020-01-01. This migrated data is staff’s best estimation of what the Form filing would have contained had it been formatted according to the first taxonomy. These are XBRL instance (submission) files created from the historic VFP data. These files can be used to build an XBRL database for FERC Form Nos. 1, 1-F, 2, 2-A, 3-Q electric, 3-Q natural gas, 6, 6-Q, 60, and 714 for filings submitted from Q3-2011 through October 1, 2021. Please refer to Migrated Data Downloads for known issues with this data, and links to download it in consolidated zip files.
- The Code Library containing the Rendering Package, Blank Rendered Forms, Sample Renderings, Rendering Templates, Validation Rulesets, and Sample Instance Files has been moved from the Vendor Files Library to the Taxonomy History page in the eForms portal. The “Sample Form” column has been replaced with “Taxonomy Package” that will download all files in the Code Library for each form that is applicable for the filing period noted.
- Other search enhancements and efficiencies have been made to the eForms portal to improve performance.
- Files submitted using the OrganizationChart element now cause the eForms portal “Additional Files” window for an attachment to be uploaded with the submission.
April 20, 2022
CPA Certifications should continue to be filed via eFiling in a ZZ22-1 docket according to the current instructions. FERC staff is testing a feature that allows filers to upload the CPA Certification through the eForms portal at eCollection.FERC.gov. However, all CPA Certification uploads made through the portal are considered unofficial. At this time, all CPA Certifications must continue to be officially filed through eFiling. Please note that official CPA Certification flings made via eLibrary are not linked to the filer's form in the eForms portal.
April 13, 2022
The Vendor File Library has been updated with critical changes to Form 1, 6, & 60 codesets for Release 2.0.
April 8, 2022
The Vendor File Library has been updated with critical changes to applicable codesets for Release 2.0.
April 1, 2022
Form No. 60 filers: The Release 2.0 taxonomy for Form No. 60 incorrectly set the period type for DividendRate change as instant. The taxonomy has now been corrected to change the period type for DividendRate from instant to duration so that it is consistent with how the transaction is reported.
March 25, 2022
March 18, 2022
The Vendor File Library has been updated with critical changes to applicable codesets for Release 2.0.
February 22, 2022
The eForms portal has been updated to collect submissions with Release 2.0 taxonomies and codesets. The Vendor File Library has been updated to include the applicable codesets for Release 2.0. Taxonomies downloads have been removed from the Vendor File Library, but can be accessed in the eForms portal.
February 17, 2022
Release 2.0 taxonomies can be found in XBRLview.FERC.gov and temporarily in the Vendor File Library. Applicable codesets and other files will be added to the Vendor File Library after additional testing is completed. The eForms portal will be updated to collect submissions with these Release 2.0 versions by February 22, 2022 to allow for testing and other system maintenance. When the eForms system is updated with the latest version of the taxonomies they will be removed from the Vendor File Library.
Filers with Waivers or Regulatory Exemptions for Form 2/2-A and Form 6
Form filers who file only select pages of a form because they either have a waiver or regulatory exemption from filing a full form must follow the following instructions to indicate on the List of Schedules the schedules that will be omitted for each form.
- Filers with waivers: Enter a citation to the relevant Commission order granting the waiver (i.e., 79 FERC ¶ 61,1023 (2022)) into the ScheduleWaiver element and associate it with every waived schedule using the Remarks dimension on the List of Schedules.
- Filers with regulatory exemptions: Enter a reference that sets forth the relevant Commission regulation that supports the exemption (e.g. 18 C.F.R. § 357.2 (a)(3)) into the ScheduleExemption element and associate it with every exempt schedule using the Remarks dimension on the List of Schedules.
** Please note that this guidance only applies to filers who file select pages of the form. These requirements do not apply to filers who have full waivers or regulatory exemptions from the entire filing requirement.**
Page Number, Row & Column Changes
The upgrade to an XBRL collection from a Visual FoxPro collection beginning with Q3 2021 reformatted the way pages rendered in a human-readable format. Instead of PDFs, the eForms system creates HTML files that are more flexible to display individual filers’ data. This upgrade to HTML affected some schedules that previously broke across multiple pages and are now formatted to display on one page. However, the page numbers that were assigned to schedules in the Visual FoxPro system remain unchanged in the XBRL system. Additionally, the Visual FoxPro system allowed filers to append additional pages to certain schedules and assigned a page number to that additional page as a decimal (e.g. 204.1, 204.2, 204.3, etc.). These decimal page numbers are not used in the XBRL HTML rendering of the form. Rather, the original page number(s) assigned to the schedule cover all additional data entered by the filer.
Please note that, in instances where line numbers were assigned to rows with descriptive titles commonly found in the first column (e.g., Total, Balance Beginning of Year, (552) Maintenance of Structures, etc.), the line numbers have been preserved. Column identifiers have also been preserved in most cases.
February 7, 2022
The Vendor File Library has been updated with drafts of the 2022 Blank Rendering, Rendering Templates, Sample Instances, Sample Renderings, and Validation Ruleset zip files.
February 2, 2022
Drafts of the Release 2.0 Taxonomies can be found in the Vendor File Library under Quick Links. Suggestions on the draft Release 2.0 Taxonomies can be provided through the Commission’s portal available at XBRLview.FERC.gov. Please review the instructions on how to use the Yeti Review Tool below on this page.
The final Release 2.0 taxonomies will be made available for testing and the submission of official filings in the eCollection portal on February 17, 2022. The 2021 FERC Form Nos. 1, 1-F, 2, 2-A, 6, 60, and 714 must be filed using the Release 2.0 taxonomies, validation rules, and rendering files.
January 28, 2022
Due to a technical issue in the filing system, FERC Form Nos. 1, 1-F, 2, 2-A, 6, & 60 filers who have waivers or regulatory exemptions from filing a full form are currently unable to file only select pages of the forms. Staff is working to fix this issue and plans to include this capability in the taxonomy update due for publication 60 days before the annual filing deadlines.
January 26, 2022
The Commission has completed migrating forms data submitted in Visual FoxPro between April 30, 2021 and October 1, 2021. This is now available for bulk download at Migrated Data Downloads.
March 18, 2020 - Supplemental Notice of Technical Conference (RM19-12-000) Notice
March 13, 2020 - Notice of Change in Technical Conference to attendance via webcast only (RM19-12-000) Notice
January 14, 2020 - Conference Rescheduled: FERC Will Convene a Technical Conference regarding Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms on March 24-26, 2020 (Originally scheduled February 4-6, 2020) Notice of Rescheduling | Event Details
December 16, 2019 - Notice of Technical Conference Notice (RM19-12-000)
June 20, 2019 - FERC Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms Order No. 859 (RM19-12-000)
January 17, 2019 - Revisions to the Filing Process for Commission Forms (RM19-12-000) NOPR
April 25, 2015 - Electronic Filing Protocols for Commission Forms (AD15-11-000) Notice
Yeti is a review tool for viewing and commenting on XBRL taxonomies and is open to everyone to view the taxonomies. If you would like to add comments to the taxonomy, please create a new account by clicking “Sign Up” (no previous accounts were migrated), and then go to “Profile” and “Review Groups” to add your new account to the public review group. More information on how to use Yeti can be found in the FERC Yeti Taxonomy Viewer Guide for instructions on how to use the tool.
The Commission intends to replace its current electronic filing format for FERC Form Nos. 1, 1-F, 2, 2- A, 3-Q electric, 3-Q natural gas, 6, 6-Q, 60, and 714 with a type of Extensible Markup Language (XML) called eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL). The use of XBRL should make the information in these forms easier for filers and data users to analyze and assist in automating regulatory filings and business information processing. In addition, the Commission believes that transitioning to XBRL will decrease the costs, over time, of preparing the necessary data for submission and complying with future changes to filing requirements set forth by the Commission.
The following Forms are aﬀected by this:
FERC Form No. 1: Annual Report of Major Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Others;
FERC Form No. 1-F: Annual Report of Non-major Public Utilities and Licensees;
FERC Form No. 3-Q: Quarterly Financial Report of Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Natural Gas Companies; and
FERC Form No. 714: Annual Electric Balancing Authority Area and Planning Area Report.
FERC Form No. 2: Annual Report for Major Natural Gas Companies;
FERC Form No. 2A: Annual Report for Non-major Natural Gas Companies; and
FERC Form No. 3-Q: Quarterly Financial Report of Electric Utilities, Licensees, and Natural Gas Companies.
FERC Form No. 6: Annual Report of Oil Pipeline Companies; and
FERC Form No. 6-Q: Quarterly Report of Oil Pipeline Companies.
FERC Form No. 60: Annual Report of Centralized Service Companies.
Company Registration Issues (CID Questions)Email: CID@ferc.gov
Form Nos. 1, 1-F, and 3-Q (electric)Email: Form1@ferc.gov
Form Nos. 2, 2A, and 3-Q (gas)Email: Form2@ferc.gov
Form Nos. 6 and 6-QEmail: Form6@ferc.gov
Form No. 60Email: Form60@ferc.gov
Form No. 714Email: Form714@ferc.gov
eForms Refresh Technical Inquiries:Email: XBRLFormsRefresh@ferc.gov