Learn more about FERC and our Mission of ensuring reliable, efficient and sustainable energy for customers. Watch our “What is FERC” video, and learn more about past and present Commissioners, as well as senior staff.
- Organizational Excellence: The Commission strives to use its resources efficiently and effectively to achieve its strategic priorities.
- Due Process and Transparency: Paramount in all of its proceedings is the Commission's determination to be open and fair to all participants.
- Regulatory Certainty: In each of the thousands of orders, opinions, and reports issued by the Commission each year, the Commission strives to provide regulatory certainty through consistent approaches and actions.
- Stakeholder Involvement: The Commission conducts regular outreach to ensure that interested parties have an appropriate opportunity to contribute to the performance of the Commission's responsibilities.
- Timeliness: The Commission's goal is to reach an appropriate resolution of each proceeding in an expeditious manner.
What FERC Does
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects.
- Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Office of Administrative Litigation
- Office of Electric Reliability
- Office of Energy Infrastructure Security
- Office of Energy Market Regulation
- Office of Energy Policy and Innovations
- Office of Energy Projects
- Office of Enforcement
- Office of External Affairs
- Office of the Executive Director
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of the Secretary