What is the EQR?
The EQR is the reporting mechanism FERC uses for public utilities to fulfill their responsibility under section 205(c) of the Federal Power Act (FPA) to have their rates and charges on file in a convenient form and place. The EQR contains Seller-provided data summarizing contractual terms and conditions in agreements for all jurisdictional services, including cost-based sales, market-based rate sales, and transmission service, as well as transaction information for short-term and long-term market-based power sales and cost-based power sales. Certain non-public utilities are also required to file EQRs under section 220 of the FPA, beginning in the third quarter of 2013.
- June 18, 2020 - Order Revising and Clarifying Electric Quarterly Report Reporting Requirements. Access the Order here.
- April 2, 2020 - The Commission issued a Notice Granting Extension of Time until June 1, 2020 for filing Q1 2020 EQR.
- February 27, 2020 - FERC today approved an Notice of Revocation of Market Based Rate Authority for thirteen public utilities who have failed to file Electric Quarterly Reports as specified in Order No. 2001. ER02-2001-020
EQR Website Announcements
- March 16, 2020 - Electric Quarterly Report Release Notes Update 3.7; two validation rules for Transactions were added that result in an Error Message, these are effective for the reporting period beginning Q1 2020. Please reference the EQR Release Notes for Validation Rule F.30.46 and Validation Rule F.30.47 for a summary of the modification.
- December 2, 2019 - Electric Quarterly Report Release Notes Update 3.6; five previous validation rules for transactions were revised to result in an error, rather than a warning. The revisions will be in effect for the reporting period beginning Q4 2019. Please reference the EQR Release Notes for a summary of upgrades, modifications, or corrections to the EQR filing system.
EQR Users Group
- December 4, 2019 - EQR Users Group Meeting Agenda | Reassessment | Reporting
- February 14, 2019 - EQR Users Group Meeting Agenda | Presentation
EQR Reference Material
- Frequently Asked Questions
- EQR Data Dictionary Data Dictionary V3.4 | RedlineVersion
- EQR Filing Requirements Guide
EQR Data Filers
||January 1 – March 31||April 30|
||April 1 – June 30||July 31|
||July 1 – September 30||October 31|
||October 1 – December 31||January 31|
|EQRs are due by 5 p.m. ET on the Due Date. If the Due Date falls on a day the Commission is closed (e.g., a weekend or due to inclement weather or other emergency), then the Due Date is the first day the Commission is open following the closure
Guidance for filing extension requests is available at EQR FAQ. Extension requests made through an electronic filing must use eFiling
EQR Data Submission Reference Material
- XML and CSV Templates, Tables, and Samples Access here ;
- EQR Web Interface and XML System Guide
- Reference to XML Elements and Tags for EQR Fields
- Release Notes and Version Numbers for EQR System Deployments - Access Recent Release here; Access Change Log here
- Release Notes
- Validation Rules PDF | XLSX
- Allowable Entries for Balancing Authorities and Hubs
- Entering Notes to Corrected EQR Filings
- eRegistration – Web application for Company Registration
- For assistance with EQR data filing software and tools and reference material prior to Q2 - 2013, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Help Documents are available upon request.
EQR Compliance Material
- Extension Requests for additional time to file an EQR report should be filed in Docket No. ER02-2001-000.
- If the seller’s name changes, if the seller merges with another entity, or has its tariff adopted by another entity, information for filing a Notice of Succession Access Here
- When the facts or circumstances the Commission relied upon in granting a seller market-based rate authorization change, the seller is required to report the change by filing a Notice of Change in Status Access Here
- Canceling your Market Based Rates - Notice of Cancellation of Market Based Rates
EQR Data Users
EQR Report Viewer - Provides Access to EQR data submitted to the Commission after Q3-2013
EQR Data Reports Q2-2013 and earlier: Five Methods for Accessing Data
- Contract and transaction data by company by quarter in a structure similar to the one used for data import.
- Short summaries of each company's EQR filings (beginning Q1 2005) identifying the products they sell, the customers they sell to, and the control areas where deliveries are made.
- EQR data can be retrieved using standard queries that can be customized by the user.
- Retrieves data on multiple companies and quarters with one request. If you haven’t received an email with a link to your files within 24 hours, please email FERC Online Support.
- Provides for the download of the full EQR database. It should be used only by advanced users with several gigabytes of disk space.
- For a listing of companies that may file EQR. This information includes:
- Market Based Rates Contact List Access here.