Docket No. AD05-13-000
On September 30, 2005, the Commission issued an order convening regional joint boards pursuant to section 1298 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which added section 223 to the Federal Power Act (FPA).
This section requires the Commission to convene joint boards on a regional basis pursuant to FPA section 209 "to study the issue of security constrained economic dispatch for the various market regions," "to consider issues relevant to what constitutes 'security constrained economic dispatch' and how such a mode of operating.affects or enhances the reliability and affordability of service," and "to make recommendations to the Commission."
It also requires the Commission to designate a member of the Commission to chair and participate as a member of each joint board and to issue a report to Congress regarding the recommendations of the joint boards on or before August 7, 2006.
The Commission has established a May 2, 2006 deadline for the regional boards to submit recommendations to FERC.
Click on the categories below to view additional information.
- Notice Announcing Joint Board Meetings, January 6, 2006
- Third Notice on the Initial Joint Board Meetings 10/27/05
- Second Notice on Initial Joint Board Meetings 10/21/05
- Order Announcing Initial Joint Board Meetings 10/14/05
- Order Convening Joint Boards Pursuant to Section 223 of the Federal Power Act 09/30/05
- All documents issued & received by FERC in AD05-13-000
- Energy Policy Act (EPAct) of 2005