In order to provide assistance on developing and submitting GIS inundation map files to the Commission, FERC staff has created a General Specifications of GIS Data document, a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document, along with sample map files. The samples are meant to provide an example of what is expected in terms of general appearance and features. The FAQ document will be continually updated as we receive questions during this initiative. Dam owners and contractors are encouraged to check back often.
Note: This file is a self-extracting .zip file that contains a fictitious inundation polygon on a section of river in Michigan. The two aerial images are included solely as a reference and no such imagery is required as part of the GIS inundation map requirement. All files were created using ArcGIS 9.1 and 9.2.
- Spillway Assessments and Inspections
- Dam Safety Surveillance and Monitoring
- Non-Operating Projects
- Potential Failure Modes (PFMs)
- Owners Dam Safety Program (ODSP)
- Time Sensitive EAP Initiative
- Extension of Potential Failure Mode Analyses at Significant and Low Hazard Potential Dams
- Pumped Storage Technical Guidance Initiative