Promoting Wholesale Competition Through Open Access Non-discriminatory Transmission Services by Public Utilities; Recovery of Stranded Costs by Public Utilities and Transmitting Utilities
May 18, 2006 - Proposed changes to open-access rules to improve clarity and transparency for transmission use and planning Read More
September 16, 2005 - Preventing Undue Discrimination and Preference in Transmission Services.
January 20, 1998 - This Order on Rehearing clarified the primary goal of Order No. 888's requirements for pooling arrangements "is to ensure comparability regarding transmission services that are offered on a pool-wide basis." Order No. 888-C.
November 25, 1997 - This Order on Rehearing affirms, with certain clarifications, the fundamental calls made in Order No. 888-A. Order No. 888-B.
May 16, 1997 - Order On Clarification, regarding Reciprocity Conditions.
March 4, 1997 - This Order on Rehearing reaffirms the basic determinations in Order No. 888 and clarifies certain terms.
September 27, 1996 - Notice of Extension of Time and Clarifying Service and Docketing Procedures
July 2, 1996 - Order On Clarification, regarding Compliance Matters.
April 24, 1996 - Requires all public utilities that own, control or operate facilities used for transmitting electric energy in interstate commerce:
The Commission's goal is to remove impediments to competition in the wholesale bulk power marketplace and to bring more efficient, lower cost power to the Nation's electricity consumers.
- To have on file open access non- discriminatory transmission tariffs that contain minimum terms and conditions of non-discriminatory service.
- Permits public utilities and transmitting utilities to seek recovery of legitimate, prudent and verifiable stranded costs associated with providing open access and Federal Power Act section 211 transmission services.
Order No. 888
- Rulemaking - [Note: This file is large (1.53 M) and may take some time to download.]
- Appendix B - List of Commenters
- Appendix C - Allegations of Public Utilities Exercising Transmission Dominance
- Appendix D - Pro Forma Open Access Transmission Tariff
- Appendix E - Group I Public Utilities
- Appendix F - Group II Public Utilities
- Appendix G - Legal Analysis of Commission Jurisdiction over the Rates, Terms and Conditions of Unbundled Retail Transmission in Interstate Commerce