Media Statements & Speeches
|September 18, 2008||View Printable PDF Version|
|Docket Nos: CP06-365-000, CP06-366-000, CP06-376-000 and CP06-377-000|
Commissioner Kelly's statement on Bradwood Landing LNG Project
- Today's order authorizes a project that will bring much-needed natural gas into the Oregon and Washington markets
- It is the culmination of a transparent and extensive 3½ year review process, in which we carefully considered the thousands of comments received from individuals and entities, and indeed, adopted many of their proposed recommendations
- I thank staff for developing a factual and comprehensive analysis that enabled me to make an informed decision
- In issuing today's order, this commission fulfills its role as defined by congress in the natural gas act, and concludes that the Bradwood Landing LNG project is consistent with the public interest under NGA section 3
- Although our primary job is done, Oregon and Washington still have an important role in the siting of the Bradwood Landing LNG project, as they have had over the last 3 ½ years.
- Again, thanks to staff for a job well done. With that, I am pleased to vote out this order.
|View Printable PDF Version|