November 29, 2011
Docket No. AD12-1-000
Media Coverage of the FERC Technical Conference on Policy Issues Related to Reliability of the Bulk Power System
The News Media are invited to cover the FERC Technical Conference on policy issues related to reliability of the bulk power system at any time over the course of the two-day conference, November 29 and 30. It will take place in the Commission Meeting Room at FERC headquarters, 888 First St. NE, Washington, D.C. The conference will go from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. November 29 and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 30.
Here is the link to the conference agenda: http://www.ferc.gov/EventCalendar/Files/20111208072453-revised-agenda.pdf
For those members of the news media unfamiliar with FERC:
- Photo ID is required to enter the building through the security checkpoint.
- The conference will be webcast. Here is a link to the webcast: http://www.ferc.gov/media/webcast.asp
- WiFi access will be available to media only, and only upon request. Please contact the FERC Media Relations Division at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your WiFi access.
- Media may cover the conference from anywhere in the Commission Meeting Room. However, an area is set aside for the media to the left of the dais as you enter the room. A marked press room area with a televised feed of the conference also is available.
- Any and all interviews must take place outside the Commission Meeting Room so as not to disrupt the proceedings.
- Cameras are not allowed inside the Commission Meeting Room.
- The Chairman and Commissioners will conduct a media availability, for media in attendance only, at the conclusion of the conference November 30.
- FERC media representatives will be available at the conference, and can be contacted by calling 502-8680 or by sending an email message to email@example.com.