Legal Resources Order Nos: 636, 636-A, 636-B, 636-C,
Order No. 636 - Restructuring of Pipeline Services
- Requires pipelines to unbundle (i.e., separate) their sales services from their transportation services.
- Issues blanket sales certificates to pipelines so that they
can offer unbundled firm and interruptible sales services at
- Includes a new unbundled "no-notice", firm transportation
service, firm transportation service that is unbundled and
improved in quality, unbundled storage services, and
interruptible transportation services, among others.
- Amends Section 284.221(d) of the Commission's Regulations to
allow pregranted abandonment for interruptible and
short-term (one year or less) firm transportation, and for
long term (over one year) firm transportation under certain
- Modifies the terms of existing capacity brokering programs to conform to a generic capacity releasing program.
- GAO Report , November 1993