|August 8, 2016 - FERC staff sends Twenty-Second Report to Congress on progress made in licensing and constructing the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline Report|
Open Season Regulation Provisions (Order 2005)
- Require that project proponents file open season plans for Commission approval (90 days prior to the open season).
- Follow provisions Standards of Conduct Orders, while conducting an open season.
- Include procedures for the allocation of capacity.
- Include the criteria for and timing of any open seasons.
- Promote competition in the exploration, development, and production of Alaska natural gas.
- Cover voluntary expansion open seasons which must then provide the opportunity for the transportation of natural gas other than from the Prudhoe Bay and Point Thomson.
- Include an
assessment of in-state needs, and a listing of prospective delivery points within Alaska.
The open season regulations apply to:
- Any initial or (voluntary) expansion capacity on any Alaska natural gas transportation project.
- Does not apply to involuntary expansion if one is ordered under the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline Act of 2004 (ANGPA)
|»||Order No. 2005-A|
|»||Order No. 2005|
|»||Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline Act of 2004|
|»||Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Act of 1976 (ANGTA)|