Order No. 714 , requires all filings that contain rate changes and tariffs to be submitted through the eTariff system. Additionally, a NGPA section 311 pipeline or an NGA Hinshaw pipeline can meet its five-year review requirement by filing a State Rate Certification, that is, certifying that its state-approved rates are unchanged and thus continue to meet the requirements of § 284.123(b)(1). These State Rate Certifications must be submitted through the eTariff system. (See Atmos Pipeline – Texas, 156 FERC ¶ 61,094 )(2016). Similarly, an NGA Hinshaw pipeline filing a cost and throughput study must do so through the eTariff system. (See Narragansett Electric Company, 155 FERC ¶ 61,159 )(2016).
This section will act as a guide on how to make an eTariff filing.
When to Make a Tariff Filing
- NGA Hinshaw Pipelines must receive a blanket certificate authority prior to commencing service. § 284.224(g) Proposed rates and the tariff (SOC) must accompany the 284.224 blanket certificate application.
- NGPA § section 311 NGPA pipelines § 284.123(e) and NGA Hinshaw Pipelines § 284.227(d) must file within 30 days of commencement of new service or change of operations, rates, or rate election.
- In addition, pipelines must make tariff (SOC) filings as required by any Commission Order or Commission approved settlement.
Tariff Filing Preparation
- » CID – Company Registration
- » TOFC – Type of Filing Codes
- » Filing using § 284.123(g) - Optional Notice Procedures
- » Contents to Include in an eTariff Filing
- » Preparing and Filing the eTariff "xml" Package
- » Name Change
- » Notices of Cancellation or Succession to a Tariff