Cove Point LNG Limited Partnership
Second Revised Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 06/14/2000, Docket: RP00-389-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 148 Original Sheet No. 148 : Effective
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
19. MEASUREMENTS AND TESTS FOR DELIVERY OF NATURAL GAS (Continued)
(i) (10) Other types of meters may be used if mutually agreed to by Operator and Buyer.
(11) Instrumentation and equipment to provide Records or samples of gas necessary to
determine the specific gravity, heating value, and/or concentrations of nitrogen
or carbon dioxide as required under Sections 19(f), 19(g), and 19(h) hereof may
be installed at representative points along the pipeline in lieu of installing
such instrumentation and equipment at each measuring station.
(12) Upon notice to Buyers, Operator may prospectively implement and use any future
editions or versions of the American Gas Association or ANSI reports referenced
in this Section 19.
(13) Nothing in this Section 19(i) shall be construed to require Operator to construct
(j) Check Measuring Equipment.
(1) Buyer may install check measurement equipment, provided such equipment does not
interfere with the exercise of Operator's rights to operate its station under
(2) Operator, in the presence of Buyer, shall have access to Buyer's check measuring
equipment at all reasonable times, but the reading, calibration and adjustment
thereof and the change of charts shall be performed only by Buyer, unless
otherwise agreed upon.
(3) Buyer shall exercise reasonable care in the installation, maintenance and
operation of its equipment so as to avoid any inaccuracy in the determination of
the quantity of gas delivered.
(4) The records from such check measuring equipment shall remain the property of
Buyer, but upon request Buyer will submit to Operator its records and charts,
together with calculations therefrom, for inspection, subject to return within
thirty (30) days after receipt thereof.
(k) Calibration and Testing of Meters. The accuracy of all measuring equipment shall be
verified by its operator at reasonable intervals and, if requested, in the presence of
representatives of the other party, but neither Operator nor Buyer shall be required
to verify the accuracy of such equipment more frequently than once in any 30-day
period. If either party at any time desires a special test of any measuring
equipment, or if either party at any time observes an error in any such measuring
equipment, it will promptly notify the other party, and the parties shall then
cooperate to secure a prompt verification of the accuracy of such equipment. The
expense of any such special test shall be borne by the requesting party if the
measurement equipment so tested is found not to be in error such that previous
recordings from the equipment must be corrected under the provisions of Section 19(l)