Reliant Energy Gas Transmission Company
Fourth Revised Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 07/01/1995, Docket: RP95-331-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 334B Original Sheet No. 334B : Effective
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Upon Shipper's failure to pay when due all or any part of amounts billed in connection with
services rendered or to comply with the terms of this Agreement, Transporter may terminate this
Agreement and/or suspend service, as appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of Section 14
of the General Terms and Conditions of the Tariff.
2. Transporter may terminate this Agreement if it relates to service under Section 311 of the Natural
Gas Policy Act of 1978 ("NGPA") if it also terminates like service for others on a not unduly
discriminatory basis which is consistent with applicable law and regulations.
3. Upon termination hereof for whatever reason, Shipper agrees to stop delivering gas to Transporter
for service and, unless otherwise agreed by Transporter, to seek no further service from
Transporter hereunder. Shipper agrees to cooperate with and assist Transporter in obtaining such
regulatory approvals and authorizations, if any, as are necessary or appropriate in view of such
termination and abandonment of service hereunder.
4. Termination of this Agreement shall not relieve either party of any obligation that might
otherwise exist to cash-out or correct any Imbalance hereunder nor relieve Shipper of its
obligation to pay any monies due hereunder to Transporter and any portions of this Agreement
necessary to accomplish such purposes shall be deemed to survive for the time and to the extent
5. This Agreement shall be subject to the provisions of Rate Schedule FT as well as the General Terms
and Conditions set forth in Transporter's Tariff, as on file and in effect from time to time, all
of which by this reference are made a part hereof.
6. Transporter shall have the right at any time, and from time to time, to file and place into effect
unilateral changes or modifications in the rates and charges, and other terms and conditions of
service hereunder, and as set forth in said Rate Schedule and in said General Terms and
Conditions, in accordance with the Natural Gas Act or other applicable law.
7. Subject to the provisions of the Tariff and this Agreement, Transporter shall receive, transport,
and deliver, for the account of Shipper for the purposes contemplated herein, on a firm basis a
quantity of Gas up to the quantity or quantities specified in the Agreement.
8. Gas shall be (i) tendered to Transporter for transportation hereunder at the Point(s) of Receipt
and (ii) delivered by Transporter after transportation to Shipper, or for Shipper's account, at
the Point(s) of Delivery on the terms and at the points shown in this Agreement. Subject to the
provisions of the Tariff, Transporter shall tender for delivery quantities of Gas thermally-
equivalent to those delivered by Shipper, less Compressor or Storage Fuel retained.
9. Except as otherwise permitted in the Tariff, this Agreement shall not be assigned by Shipper in
whole or in part, nor shall Shipper agree to provide services to others by use of any capacity
contracted for under the Agreement, without Transporter's prior written consent. In addition to
all other rights and remedies, Transporter may terminate the Agreement immediately if it is
assigned by Shipper or if Shipper subcontracts the capacity to others contrary to the provisions
hereof, whether the assignment or contract be voluntary, or by operation of law or otherwise.
Subject to the above, the respective rights and obligations of the parties under the Agreement
shall extend to and be binding upon their heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.
Any person which shall succeed by purchase, merger or consolidation to the properties,
substantially as an entirety, of either party hereto, shall be entitled to the rights and shall be
subject to the obligations of its predecessor in title under this Agreement; and either party may
assign or pledge this Agreement under the provisions of any mortgage, deed of trust, indenture,
bank credit agreement, assignment or similar instrument which it has executed or may execute
10. Any notice, statement, or bill provided for in this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be
considered as having been given if hand delivered, or, if received, when mailed by United States
mail, postage prepaid, to the addresses specified therein, or such other addresses as either party
shall designate by written notice to the other. Additionally, notices shall be considered as
having been given, if received, when sent via facsimile or through electronic data interchange.