Granite State Gas Transmission, Inc.
Fourth Revised Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 03/01/2010, Docket: RP10-322-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 143 Original Sheet No. 143
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
32. Imbalance Netting and Trading
(a) Definitions. For purposes of this Section 36 the
following definitions shall be applicable:
(1) "Operational Impact Area" is the term used to
describe Transporter's designation of the largest possible area(s)
on its system in which imbalances have a similar operational
(2) "Netting" is the term used to describe the process
of resolving imbalances for Shipper within an Operational Impact
Area. There are two types of Netting: (a) summing is the
accumulation of all imbalances above any applicable tolerances for
Shipper or agent; and (b) offsetting is the combination of
positive or negative imbalances above any applicable tolerances
for Shipper or agent.
(b) Month-end Imbalances.
(1) Transporter shall allow Shipper (including agents
of Shipper) to net imbalances within the same Operational Impact
Area on and across service agreements with Shipper and to trade
imbalances within the same Operational Impact Area.
(2) Transporter shall provide Shippers the ability to
post and trade imbalances until at least the close of the
seventeenth (17th) business day of the month.
(3) Transporter shall provide Shippers the ability to
view and, upon request, download posted imbalances.
(4) Imbalances to be posted for trading should be
authorized by Shipper.
(5) Authorizations to post imbalances that are received
by Transporter by 11:45 a.m. (C.T.) should be effective by 8:00
a.m. (C.T.) the next business day. Imbalances previously
authorized for posting should be posted on or before the ninth
(9th) business day of the month.
(6) Transporter is not required to post zero
(7) Netting, posting, and trading of imbalances shall
be accomplished based upon Transporter's current method for
accounting for imbalances.
(8) Transporter shall enable the imbalance trading
process by: receiving the Request for Imbalance Trade, receiving
the Imbalance Trade Confirmation, sending the Imbalance Trade
Notification, and reflecting the trade prior to or on the next
monthly Shipper Imbalance.
(9) When trading imbalances, Shippers shall specify a
(10) Imbalance trades can only be withdrawn by the
initiating trader and only prior to the confirming trader's
confirmation of the trade. Imbalance trades are considered final
when confirmed by the confirming trader and effectuated by
(11) After receipt of an Imbalance Trade Confirmation,
Transporter shall send the Imbalance Trade Notification to the
initiating trader and the confirming trader no later than twelve
(12) noon (C.T.) the next business day.
(12) To account for any imbalances after imbalance
trading, where Transporter associates such imbalance with a
service agreement, Shipper and Transporter shall agree to
designate one of Shipper's valid service agreements in the
Operational Impact Area where the original imbalance occurred, for