August 8–10, 2017 - FERC Environmental Review and Compliance for Natural Gas Facilities Seminar (Denver, Colorado) View Details
December 5–7, 2017 - FERC Environmental Review and Compliance for Natural Gas Facilities Seminar (New Orleans, Louisiana) View Details
These training seminars will be delivered by FERC staff and consultants with significant industry experience and insights.
This 3-day interactive seminar will describe how to successfully navigate the FERC process from project concept to post-construction monitoring. The first part of the seminar will step you through the regulations and environmental analysis of a pipeline project focusing on Pre-filing, environmental report preparation, and the FERC application processes, including:
- An introduction to FERC and its jurisdiction;
- An overview of FERC's environmental regulations for natural gas pipeline, storage, and liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities;
- A step-by-step description of the FERC environmental review process for a 7(c) project from Pre-Filing through issuance of a Notice to Proceed with Construction;
- Reporting and notification requirements for Blanket Certificate and 2.55 projects; and
- Practical insights and examples.
The second part of the seminar will include a 45-minute introduction to pipeline construction for industry newcomers, a discussion of pre-construction preparation considerations, and a review of mitigation measures for pipeline construction and restoration, including:.
- A discussion of FERC's environmental compliance program for natural gas facilities from pre-construction preparation through restoration;
- A review of the baseline mitigation measures detailed in the FERC Upland Erosion Control, Revegetation, and Maintenance Plan and the FERC Wetland and Waterbody Construction and Mitigation Procedures; and
- Real examples of implementation and compliance challenges.
There is no charge for seminar registration or attendance; however, space is limited and all participants must register in advance. Priority may be given to those who have not previously attended. Lodging will be available in the hotel at which the seminars will be presented. Attendees are responsible for booking their own hotel reservations.