In 2008, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report, FERC Could Take Additional Steps to Analyze Regional Transmission Organizations’ Benefits and Performance , recommending that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) develop standardized measures or metrics to track the performance of Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) operations and markets.
The Commission is in the process of obtaining approval from OMB to collect information to improve our data collection efforts. These improvements include significant changes to the metrics themselves, as well as improving survey design for greater end-user ease of use. ?We have introduced a user guide and a pre-formatted data input spreadsheet. Docket No. AD19-16-000 contains details relating to the most recent information collection.
The list below contains links to previous staff reports in this initiative:
- 2016 Common Metrics for RTO/ISOs and Individual Utilities Staff Report | Errata Notice (revised on August 3, 2017)
- 2014 Common Metrics (Docket No. AD14-15-000) Staff Report
- 2012 Performance Metrics in Regions Outside ISOs and RTOs (Docket No. AD12-8-000) Staff Report
- 2011 Report to Congress on Performance Metrics for Independent System Operators and Regional Transmission Organizations
- 2010 ISO/RTO Performance Metrics (Docket No. AD10-5-000) Staff Report