About FERC Chief Information Officer
The Systems Development and Engineering Division is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of information applications and systems and oversight of the Data Collection Program. The Division provides the Commission with project management, policy compliance support, advice, and consultation on the development, implementation, and operation of office automation systems. The Systems Development and Engineering Division also performs feasibility studies, requirements analyses, development support, oversight, and coordination for administrative and mission related applications systems as they relate to specific projects.
- Oversee the Data Collection Program and ensures Compliance with OMB Guidelines
- Advise and consult with clients on the development, implementation and operation of office automation systems.
- Perform feasibility studies, requirements analyses and implementation for administrative and mission related applications systems
- Provide architecture, planning, design and implementation of the Commission's core infrastructure (network, unified communication (including phones), servers/virtual servers, email, VPN and application hardware infrastructure)
- Ensure that all infrastructure is designed to be highly available, scalable, recoverable and resilient
- Provide information and resources to the Commission to ensure compliance with key statutory requirements (the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA), the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA), and the Congressional Review Act (CRA)) and obtain approval from OMB regarding compliance with these statutory requirements.
Information Collections Management Branch