About FERC Chief Information Officer
The IT Operations Division is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Commission IT Infrastructure and IT Customer Support. This includes:
- Providing oversight and management of all network infrastructure operations, telecommunications systems, and office automation hardware and software.
- Providing efficient and reliable IT systems and services to increase the Commissionís productivity and implements effective automated strategies to support the Commission.
- Ensuring that the Commissionís IT Training needs are met and provides our external customers training on the Commissionís information systems, resources and electronic filing system.
- Monitoring and reporting on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Commissionís IT infrastructure.
- Overseeing and facilitating information design and architecture for the effective and efficient utilization of data to regulate and oversee the energy industry and comply with Federal legislative mandates.
- Supporting development of a centralized information medium that promotes data transparency across the Commission and energy markets.
- Enhancing the Commissionís collection, description, evaluation, classification, storage/archive, retrieval, manipulation, presentation and distribution of information.
- Manages the copy equipment program.