About FERC Chief Financial Officer
The Internal Controls and Evaluation Division provides internal auditing expertise to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial and performance information needed for decision making.
- Coordinates the strategic planning process and goals; measures and reports on performance against these goals; and develops and implements appropriate CFO policies and procedures to ensure revenue and expenditure transactions applicable to the Commission's operations are properly recorded and accounted for to permit the preparation of reliable financial reports.
- Advises the FERC on matters related to the overall management and control of financial resources.
- Analyzes obligations and costs for compliance with applicable laws.
- Makes recommendations for improvement regarding management control systems, financial management, operational performance and administrative processes.
The Division also:
- Provides internal auditing expertise in evaluating financial and management processes, systems, operations and programs.
- Performs audits and reviews, encompassing both compliance and performance effectiveness, to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of these systems and programs.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are in place and are working to safeguard against waste, loss, or misappropriation.