About FERC Office of the Executive Director
The Administration and Operations Staff is responsible for providing and coordinating the administrative, personnel, and management support services. Prepares special ad hoc studies, analyses and/or reports as required. Provides advisory and implementation support in the development of policy and procedures encompassing any of the OED’s program responsibilities.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Review the requirements for administrative resources such as personnel, equipment, supplies, and other support services.
- Provide coordination of work activities which require separate input from multiple Divisions, such as the annual budget and procurement calls and establishment and realignment of the budget and reporting codes.
- Coordinate all requests for personnel actions and personnel related matters such as performance standards, performance appraisals, awards, adverse actions, and time and attendance reporting. Assist staff in preparing necessary paperwork and ensure that paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Develop and administer the Office’s human capital program.
- Coordinate the budget preparation including planning, reviewing, and timely completion. Consolidate and prepare travel, training and administrative budgets.
- Monitor all budget expenditures for administrative and program operations.
- Prepare financial forecasts and accounting reports for management depicting information on allocations and expenditures.
- Provide liaison support to money managers to facilitate the execution of budget, procurement and financial reporting activities.
- Manage and coordinate the Management Controls Program to ensure that management controls are reviewed systematically, evaluated for weaknesses, and tested for adequacy, and coordinate necessary actions to strengthen control mechanisms. Conduct management control evaluations on the administrative operations.
- Develop, coordinate and implement administrative policies and procedures to ensure a smooth and efficient administrative work flow.
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date inventory of accountable property assigned to office and contractor staff and monitor the data entry in the computerized inventory system.
- Monitor position ceilings and staffing controls.
- Oversee the efficient utilization of space and the development of space requirements. Such duties include the layout and design of offices, relocation of personnel, the installation of telephone equipment, the installation and location of computer equipment, and the coordination of changes with appropriate offices.
- Conduct special studies, prepare internal reports and make recommendations to the Executive Director and other management officials.
- Provide records and files management assistance.
- Administer the Commission’s program for administrative delegations of authority.
- Establish, manage, and coordinate Commission-wide policies, procedures, and standards for the directives system.