Resources File a FOIA Administrative Appeal
Please include the following information in writing (email, fax or mailed letter):
- Write a brief statement that addresses what action you are
- Include your name, your initial request number and the date
of the Commission's action;
- If for some reason a number was not assigned, include a copy of the determination letter; and
- Please do not attach copies of the released documents
unless they pertain to some specific point you are raising
in your appeal.
- If you believe that there are additional records that have
not been located in response to your request, include why you
think they exist and perhaps, where you believe they may be
- Clearly mark your request (email, fax or mailed
letter) and your subject line, cover letter or envelope
with the statement "Freedom of Information Act Appeal;" and
- Send your appeal to FERC Headquarters in Washington, DC.
Send to: Max Minzner
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20426
Note: Under FOIA, the General Counsel's Office is required to make a determination on your administrative appeal within 20 business days.