Valero Interstate Transmission Company
First Revised Volume No. 2
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 11/01/1991, Docket: GT91- 42-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 28 Original Sheet No. 28 : Superseded
WHEREAS, Interstate shall file an application to amend its certificate
of public convenience and necessity in Docket No. CP81-168 to delete the
requirement to make specific dedications of gas to Buyer, to increase the
daily swing level from 31,250 Mcf/day to 50,000 MMBtu/day and to delete
the existing delivery points and add a new delivery point;
WHEREAS, Interstate shall file this contract pursuant to Section 4 of
the Natural Gas Act to modify its filed tariff governing service to Buyer;
WHEREAS, Buyer shall do all things necessary to support both the
certificate and the rate filing;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and the mutual covenants
herein contained, Interstate and Buyer agree as follows:
For the purpose of this Agreement, unless the context of the instrument
requires otherwise, the following definitions shall be applicable:
1. The word "day" shall mean a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive
hours, beginning and ending at 7:00 o'clock a.m. local time.
2. The words "calendar month" shall mean a period beginning at 7:00
o'clock a.m. on the first day of a calendar month and ending at 7:00
o'clock a.m. on the first day of the next succeeding calendar month.
3. The words "calendar year" and "accounting year" shall mean a period
of twelve (12) months beginning at 7:00 o'clock a.m. January 1, and ending
at 7:00 o'clock a.m. on the following January 1.
4. The term "Mcf" shall mean one thousand (1,000) cubic feet of natural
gas as determined on the measurement basis set forth in Article VI hereof.
5. The term "Btu" shall mean British Thermal Unit, and shall mean the
amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one (1) pound of water
one (1) degree Fahrenheit from fifty-nine (59) degrees Fahrenheit to sixty
(60) degrees Fahrenheit.
6. The term "MMBtu" shall mean million British Thermal Units.
7. The term "psig" shall mean pounds per square inch gauge.