Midcoast Interstate Transmission, Inc.
Second Revised Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 10/01/1997, Docket: GT97- 71-000, Status: Effective
First Revised Sheet No. 125 First Revised Sheet No. 125 : Effective
Superseding: ORIGINAL SHEET NO. 125
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Continued)
(10) Interruptible requirements of more than ten thousand
(10,000) dekatherms per day, where alternate fuel
capabilities can meet such requirements.
The definitions of terms for the priority of service categories
are as follows:
(1) Residential: Service to customers which consists of direct
natural gas usage in a residential dwelling including
apartments and other multi-unit buildings predominately
for space heating, air conditioning, cooking, clothes
drying, water heating and other residential use.
(2) Hospital: Service to a facility, the primary function of
which is delivering medical care to patients who remain at
the facility including nursing and convalescent homes but
excluding outpatient clinics or doctor's offices.
(3) Schools: Service to a facility, the primary function of
which is to deliver instruction to regularly enrolled
students in attendance at such facility.
(4) Essential Agricultural: Service to customers for natural
gas usage which is certified by the Secretary of
Agriculture pursuant to 7. C.F.R. S2900, et seq., excluding
those volumes where the use of a fuel other than natural
gas is economically practicable and that fuel is reasonably
available as determined by the FERC under Section 401(b) of
(5) Commercial: Service to customers engaged primarily in the
sale of goods or services including institutions and local,
state, and federal government agencies for uses other than
those involving manufacturing or electric power
(6) Industrial: Service to customers engaged primarily in a
process which creates or changes raw or unfinished
materials into another form or product including the
generation of electric power.