Reliant Energy Gas Transmission Company
Fourth Revised Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 05/01/1997, Docket: RP97-250-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 361 Original Sheet No. 361 : Effective
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Upon Shipper's failure to pay when due all or any part of amounts billed in connection with
services rendered or to comply with the terms of this Agreement, Transporter may terminate this
Agreement and/or suspend service, as appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the General
Terms and Conditions of the Tariff.
2. Transporter may terminate this Agreement if it relates to service under Section 311 of the Natural
Gas Policy Act of 1978 ("NGPA") if it also terminates like service for others on a not unduly
discriminatory basis which is consistent with applicable law and regulations.
3. Upon termination hereof for whatever reason, Shipper agrees to stop delivering gas to Transporter
for service and, unless otherwise agreed by Transporter, to seek no further service from
Transporter hereunder. Shipper agrees to cooperate with and assist Transporter in obtaining such
regulatory approvals and authorizations, if any, as are necessary or appropriate in view of such
termination and abandonment of service hereunder.
4. Termination of this Agreement shall not relieve either party of any obligation that might
otherwise exist to cash-out or correct any Imbalance hereunder nor relieve Shipper of its
obligation to pay any monies due hereunder to Transporter and any portions of this Agreement
necessary to accomplish such purposes shall be deemed to survive for the time and to the extent
5. This Agreement shall be subject to the provisions of the rate schedule shown on the front side
hereof, as well as the General Terms and Conditions set forth in Transporter's Tariff, as on file
and in effect from time to time, all of which by this reference are made a part hereof.
6. Transporter shall have the right at any time, and from time to time, to file and place into effect
unilateral changes or modifications in the rates and charges, and other terms and conditions of
service hereunder, and as set forth in the applicable Rate Schedule and in said General
Terms and Conditions, in accordance with the Natural Gas Act or other applicable law.
7. [If FT: Subject to the provisions of the Tariff and this Agreement, Transporter shall receive,
transport, and deliver, for the account of Shipper for the purposes contemplated herein, on a
firm basis a quantity of Gas up to the quantity or quantities specified in the Agreement.]
[If NNTS: Subject to the provisions of the Tariff, and this Agreement, Transporter shaLl receive,
transport, store and/or deliver, for the account of Shipper for the purposes contemplated herein, on
a firm basis a quantity of Gas up to the quantity or quantities specified in the Agreement.]
[If FSS: Subject to the provisions of the Tariff, and other provisions of this Agreement,
Transporter shall inject, store and withdraw, for the account of Shipper for the purposes
contemplated herein, on a firm basis a quantity of Gas up to the quantity or quantities specified in
8. Gas shall be (i) tendered to Transporter for transportation hereunder at the Point(s) of Receipt
and (ii) after transportation delivered by Transporter to Shipper, or for Shipper's account, at
the Point(s) of Delivery on the terms and at the points shown in this Agreement. Subject to the
provisions of the Tariff, Transporter shall tender for delivery quantities of Gas thermally-
equivalent to those delivered by Shipper, less Compressor or Storage Fuel retained.