Oktex Pipeline Company
Original Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 06/01/1997, Docket: RP97-103-003, Status: Effective
Second Revised Sheet No. 20 Second Revised Sheet No. 20 : Effective
Superseding: FIRST REVISED SHEET NO. 20
12. Cubic Foot. The term "cubic foot" shall mean the volume of dry gas which occupies one cubic foot
when such gas is at a temperature of sixty degrees Fahrenheit and at a pressure of 14.73 pounds per square
13. Mcf. The term "Mcf" shall mean 1,000 cubic feet of gas.
14. British thermal unit or Btu. The definition of one BTU is the quantity of heat that must be added to
one pound (avoirdupois) of pure water to raise its temperature from 58.5 degrees Fahrenheit to 59.5 degrees
Fahrenheit under standard pressure conditions.
15. Dekatherm. One Dekatherm shall mean 1,000,000 Btu's.
16. psig. The term "psig" shall mean pounds per square inch gauge.
17. Total heating value. The Number of BTUs produced by combustion at constant pressure of the amount of
gas that will occupy a volume of one cubic foot at 60 degrees Fahrenheit at the reference base pressure with
air at the same temperature and pressure as the gas, when the products of combustion are cooled to the
initial temperature of the gas and air, and when the water formed by combustion is condensed to the liquid
18. Thermally Equivalent Quantity. "Thermally equivalent quantity" shall mean an equal number of
Dekatherms of Gas.
19. Quantity or Quantities. "Quantity" or "Quantities" shall mean a unit or units of measurement in or
Mcfs, as the case may be Dekatherms.
20. Pro Rata Share. "Pro Rata Share" shall mean the ratio that the Quantity of Gas scheduled to be
received by Transporter, from or for the account of Shipper, bears to the total Quantity of Gas scheduled to
be received by Transporter from all Shippers for transportation in the System during any given time period
(day, month, year).
21. Gas. The term "gas" shall mean natural gas of the quality specified in Article IV of the General
Terms and Conditions.
22. Transportation. The term "transportation" shall mean the transmission of gas, whether by exchange,
backhaul or any other actual or constructive method or movement.
23. Shipper. The term "Shipper" shall mean the person that has executed a Firm or Interruptible
Transportation Service Agreement with Transporter for transportation service hereunder or, as the context may
require, any person requesting service hereunder.
24. Operator. "Operator" shall mean the entity or entities, other than Transporter, designated by
Transporter to operate the System.
25. Party. "Party" shall mean Shipper or Transporter and the term "Parties" shall mean Shipper(s) and
26. Person. "Person" shall mean an individual, a corporation, voluntary association, joint stock
company, business trust, partnership or other entity.
27. System. "System" shall mean the pipeline and all related facilities located in the United States and
owned by Transporter at the time, including but not limited to the compressors, regulators, meters and
support facilities in the United States.