Viking Gas Transmission Company
Original Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 11/01/1993, Docket: RS92- 52-001, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 41 Original Sheet No. 41 : Superseded
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Continued)
11. The term "total heating value", when applied to a cubic foot of gas, shall mean the
number of Btu's produced by the complete combustion with air, at constant pressure, of
one anhydrous (dry) cubic foot of gas under a pressure of 14.73 psia and a temperature
of 60 degrees Fahrenheit when the products of combustion are cooled to the initial
temperature of the gas and air, and when the water formed by combustion is condensed to
the liquid state, as determined under Section 1 of Article II.
12. The term "scheduled daily delivery" shall mean the volume of natural gas which during
any one day Shipper has nominated and Transporter has confirmed for delivery.
13. The term "equivalent quantity" unless otherwise stated in the Transportation Agreement
shall mean that during any given period of time the quantities of gas delivered
hereunder at the Point(s) of Delivery shall be the thermal equivalent of the quantities
of gas received at the Point(s) of Receipt for transportation less thermal quantities of
gas for Shipper's system fuel and use requirements and gas lost and unaccounted for
associated with this transportation service.
14. The term "Winter Season" shall refer to the months of November through March.
15. The term "Summer Season" shall refer to the months of April through October.
16. The term "EBB" shall mean Transporter's electronic bulletin board system.
17. The terms "OBA" or "Operational Balancing Agreement" shall mean an operational balancing
agreement in the form set forth in this tariff or an operational balancing agreement
entered into by Viking with the operator of an interconnecting pipeline.
18. The terms "OBA Operator" or "Operator" shall mean persons or entities who have executed
an Operational Balancing Agreement in the form set forth in this Tariff and who satisfy
the requirements of Section 1(a) of Rate Schedule LMS.
19. The term "transportation service" shall include transportation, exchange or backhaul
20. The term "Transportation Agreement" shall mean a transportation service agreement in the
form set forth in this tariff.
21. The term "FERC" shall mean the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or any successors