Viking Gas Transmission Company
Original Volume No. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 11/01/1993, Docket: RS92- 52-001, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 40 Original Sheet No. 40 : Superseded
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. DEFINITION OF TERMS
Except where the context expressly states another meaning, the following terms when used in
this Tariff and in any Transportation Agreement incorporating this Tariff, shall be construed
to have the following meanings:
1. The term "Transporter" shall mean Viking Gas Transmission Company acting in its capacity
2. The term "Shipper" shall mean any transportation customer of Transporter.
3. The term "day" shall mean a period of twenty-four consecutive hours, beginning and
ending at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time and "daylight savings time" will not be
observed, or at such other hour as Buyer and Seller may agree upon.
4. The term "month" shall mean the period beginning at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the
calendar month and ending at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the next succeeding calendar
month, or at such hour as Shipper and Transporter may agree upon.
5. The term "year" shall mean a period of 365 consecutive days beginning on the date
natural gas is first delivered or is to be delivered under the Transportation Agreement,
whichever is earlier, or on any anniversary thereof; provided, however, that any such
year which contains a date of February 29 shall consist of 366 consecutive days.
6. The term "cubic foot" shall mean the quantity of gas which occupies one cubic foot when
such gas is at a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and at a pressure of .33 pounds
per square inch above an assumed atmospheric pressure of 14.44 pounds per square inch
(14.73 pounds per square inch absolute).
7. The term "Mcf" shall mean 1,000 cubic feet of gas.
8. The term "volume", where used herein or in a Transportation Agreement, shall mean the
number of Mcf adjusted for heat content (in Btus or Dths) as applicable.
9. The term "British thermal unit" or "Btu" shall mean the International Tables British
Thermal Unit, which is defined as one Btu = 1055.056 joules.
10. The term "Dekatherm" or "Dth" shall mean the quantity of heat energy which is 1,000,000
British thermal units.