Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company
FIFTH REVISED VOLUME NO. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 09/01/1993, Docket: RS92- 23-012, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 303 Original Sheet No. 303 : Effective
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
10. The term "total heating value", when applied to a cubic foot of gas, means the
number of British thermal units produced by the complete combustion with air,
at a constant pressure, of one anhydrous (dry) cubic foot of gas at a pressure
of 14.73 psia and a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit when the products of
combustion are cooled to the initial temperature of the gas and air, and when
the water formed by combustion is condensed to the liquid state, as determined
under Section 1 of Article II.
11. The term "load factor" for any given period of time shall mean the percentage
obtained by dividing the amount of the actual or imputed average daily Dth
delivery of gas during said period by the maximum daily delivery obligation of
12. The term "scheduled quantity" shall mean the quantity of natural gas that (a)
Shipper nominates for receipt at a receipt point (including fuel) or the
quantity that Transporter redelivers to Shipper at a delivery point, and that
(b) the operator of the connecting facilities confirms, and that (c) Transporter
schedules for receipt or delivery.
13. The term "transportation service" shall include transportation, exchange, or
14. The term "long term firm service agreement" shall mean a firm transportation
agreement with a term of one year or more.
15. The term "equivalent quantity" unless otherwise stated in the transportation
contract shall mean that during any given period of time the thermal quantities
of gas delivered at the Point(s) of Delivery shall be the thermal equivalent of
the quantities of gas received at the Point(s) of Receipt for transportation
less thermal quantities of gas for Transporter's system fuel and use
requirements and gas lost and unaccounted for associated with the transportation
service; provided that the equivalent quantity shall not include any plant
thermal reduction (PTR) unless the gas to be transported is not subject to a
separate PTR Transportation Agreement.
16. The term "plant thermal reduction" (PTR) shall mean the combined loss in volume
and Btu's attributable to processing including, but not limited to, plant fuel,
shrinkage and flare.
17. The term "summer" shall mean the period commencing April 1 and ending October
18. The term "winter" shall mean the period commencing November 1 and ending March