Gas Transmission Northwest Corp.
Third Revised Volume No. 1-A
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 10/06/2003, Docket: RP04- 23-000, Status: Effective
Original Sheet No. 110 Original Sheet No. 110 : Effective
TRANSPORTATION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3. QUALITY OF GAS
3.1 Quality Standards: The gas which Shipper delivers hereunder
to GTN for transport (and the gas which GTN
transports hereunder for Shipper) shall be merchantable gas
at all times complying with the following quality requirements:
(a) Heating Value: The gas shall have a gross heating value
of not less than nine hundred ninety-five (995) Btus per
standard cubic foot on a dry basis, but with the consent
of Shipper, GTN may deliver gas at a lower gross
(b) Freedom from Objectionable Matter: The gas:
(1) Shall be commercially free from sand, dust, gums,
crude oil, impurities and other objectionable
substances which may be injurious to pipelines or
which may interfere with its transmission through
pipelines or its commercial utilization.
(2) Shall not have a hydrocarbon dew-point in excess of
fifteen degrees (15m) Fahrenheit at pressures up to
eight hundred (800) psig.
(3) Shall not contain more than one-quarter (1/4) grain
of hydrogen sulfide per one hundred (100) standard
(4) Shall not contain more than ten(10) grains of total
sulphur per one hundred (100) standard cubic feet.
(5) Shall not contain more than two percent (2%) by
volume of carbon dioxide.
(6) Shall not contain more than four (4) pounds of
water vapor per one million (1,000,000) standard
(7) Shall not exceed one hundred ten degrees (110m)
Fahrenheit in temperature at the point of
(8) Shall be as free of oxygen as it can be kept
through the exercise of all reasonable precautions,
and shall not in any event contain more than
four-tenths of one percent (0.4%) by volume of