Midwestern Gas Transmission Company
SECOND REVISED VOLUME NO. 1
Contents / Previous / Next / Main Tariff Index
Effective Date: 06/01/1997, Docket: RP97- 59-002, Status: Effective
First Revised Sheet No. 53 First Revised Sheet No. 53 : Effective
Superseding: Original Sheet No. 53
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. DEFINITION OF TERMS
Except where the context expressly states another meaning, the following terms when used
in this Tariff and in any service agreement incorporating this Tariff, shall be
construed to have the following meanings:
1. The term "Balancing Party" shall mean any person that has entered into a Balancing
Agreement with Transporter.
2. The term "Bidder" shall mean any person that submits a bid for released
transportation capacity pursuant to the terms of Article XXI of Transporter's
General Terms and Conditions.
3. The term "British thermal unit" or "Btu" shall mean the amount of heat required to
raise the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at a standard
pressure of 14.73 dry psia at 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. The term "business day" shall mean Monday through Friday, excluding Federal
Banking Holidays for transactions in the United States, and similar holidays for
transactions occurring in Canada and Mexico.
5. The terms "Central Clock Time" and "CCT" shall mean Central Daylight Time when
daylight savings time is in effect and Central Standard Time when daylight savings
time is not in effect.
6. The term "cubic foot" shall mean the quantity of gas that occupies one cubic foot
when such gas is at a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and at a pressure of
14.73 pounds per square inch absolute (psia).
7. The term "Daily Limit" shall mean the quantity specified in an Operational Flow
Order applicable to a receipt or delivery point.
8. The term "Daily Variance Charge" shall mean charges assessed pursuant to Section 4
of Transporter's LMS-MA or LMS-PA Rate Schedules.
9. The term "Daily Variance Tolerance" shall mean the amount by which a Balancing
Party can deviate from the Scheduled Quantities at a receipt or delivery point
without liability for a Daily Variance Charge, as set forth in Section 4 of
Transporter's LMS Rate Schedules.
10. The term "day" or "Gas Day" shall mean a period of twenty-four consecutive hours,
beginning and ending at 9:00 A.M. CCT.