Industries Electric Market-Based Rates
Step by Step Guide to filing your Application in the eTariff system
Order No. 714 , requires all filings that contain tariff sheets to be submitted through the eTariff system. Below is a guide on how to make your initial eTariff filing.
Register Your Company
- Go to FERC Online and click on New User.
- Fill out and submit the form. You will receive and ID and password.
- Go to Log In. Use your ID and password to log in to FERC Online.
- Go to the Company Registration page, and click on "Register a company for the first time"
- Under Regulatory Program, select "FPA (Market Based Rate) Public Utilities", fill out the remainder of the form and submit.
- You will receive a Company Identifier (CID) and password.
Create your .xml file
Submit your .xml file to our Sandbox Electronic Test Site.
- Please review the Test File Instruction Guide .
- Correct any errors you receive and resubmit to the Sandbox.
- Continue correcting any errors and resubmitting until no errors are reported.
Submit your Filing
- Log on to FERC Online.
- Click eFiling.
- Under "How is your filing to be directed?" choose Electric.
- Under "What kind of filing are you making?" choose eTariff.
- Under "Filing Type (Fee)" choose eTariff and click Next.
- Enter your CID and Password.
- Upload the zip file that contains your .xml file.
- You will receive 2 emails verifying that we received your filing:
- If you receive any errors, amend your .xml file and resubmit your filing.
- If you receive Warnings, your filing has been received, but you need to double-check that you submitted the correct information as such warnings are indications that what you submitted is different than what we normally receive.