|EA Pre-Filing Environmental Review Process
- Applicant assesses market need and considers project feasibility
- Applicant requests use of FERC's Pre-Filing Process
- FERC receives Applicant's request to conduct its review of the project within FERC's NEPA Pre-Filing Process
- FERC formally Approves Pre-Filing Process and issues PF Docket No. to Applicant
- Applicant studies potential site locations
- Applicant identifies Stakeholders
- Applicant holds open house to discuss project
- FERC Participates in Applicant's open house
- FERC issues Notice of Intent for Preparation of an EA opening the scoping period to seek public comments.
- FERC may hold public scoping meeting(s) and site visits in the project area. Consults with interested stakeholders
- Applicant conducts route studies and field surveys. Develops application.
- Applicant files formal application with the FERC
- FERC issues Notice of Application
- FERC analyzes data and prepares EA
- FERC - If no scoping comments are received, EA is placed directly into eLibrary. If substantive comments are received, EA is mailed out for public comment.
- FERC responds to comments
- Commission Issues Order
- Parties can request FERC to rehear decision
- Applicant submits outstanding information to satisfy conditions of Commission Order
- FERC issues Notice to Proceed with construction.